Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Time Part 2

Blogger is being fussy, so I had to do these separate. Anyhoo: Christmas Day started early, as it does for most families all over the world. We spent the early morning with the Walkers and then went to my family's house afterward. Adam was spoiled ROTTEN in both locations :D It was fun to see him react this year to Christmas. Last year he was just barely crawling and didn't really understand the concept of opening presents. This year he ripped into the paper and was actually excited! He was easily distracted by other things of course, but he mostly got it this year. Again, basically NO pictures, but here we go anyway:


Good Morning Sunshine! His jammies say "What Santa doesn't get me Grandma will!" My mom got them for him this year. SO cute!

Sitting with Grandma Jenny reading his Rainbow Trucks book that she got him

This was so nifty! His little jacket has buttons, Velcro, and a zipper and his shoes have ties, so Adam can practice doing up buttons and zippers! I loved this one

When Adam opened this one, Jenny says "The box says 6 years or older, but he had to have it!" It's a little drawing board that's all light activated. Adam thinks it's the coolest thing! He loves that the pen has a light at the end of it.

Sitting on Uncle Trevor's present, the new dirt bike! Grandpa Steve had to make sure he didn't take off on it!

At my parents' house, Adam got probably his most favorite present of all: A VACUUM!! He opened the paper, and before it was even out of the box he was doing his little exclamations and ooo's and aaahhh's and making the vacuum noise. My mom says "Do you want me to open it?" And he vigorously shook his head yes! It was the funniest thing! It's this little red dirt devil that actually makes the noise and picks up dirt! So it really works just like Mommy's vacuum. It was definitely the biggest hit this year. Now whenever he sees me pull out our vacuum he goes into his room and gets his, turns it on, and vacuums with me. Darling!

Christmas is definitely one of my most favorite times of year. I really wish that everyone could keep this feeling and attitude all year round. I honestly think the world would be a better, more peaceful place. It's wonderful to have a holiday dedicated to the birth of our Savior. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and to not get all caught up in the corporate definition of the Holidays. We hope that you all had a safe, wonderful Christmas. Love to you all!

1 comment:

Megs said...

What fun posts! And I agree about keeping the spirit of the holidays around more than just during the season. I enjoyed reading these & I'm glad you guys had a great christmas!